Friday, July 27, 2007

Why do African men go to home to find their bride?

I was reading some articles at work and I came across a website about Nigerians in America. One of the many articles on the site is about the title of this post.

This is the comment I left:

The average African man is a provider and protector. He desires to have a wife that is caring and nurturing. Now, that is something my fellow Nigerian-American ladies don't have. There is no equality in gender. Men are men for a reason, so are the women as well. Once, you start to make a man feel less than he is, you cripple him. A man, always want to feel like a man. That does not mean, he should be a dictator. Most women in the diaspora have been brainwashed about independence and strong. I use a different word, "interdependent" - knowing when to be dependent and when to be independent.

African ladies in UK and US, start making the men around you feel like a man and they'll not go to Africa to get married. African men in UK and US, start treating your sisters with respect. It's no wonder I have enough suitors. LOL. Just my two-cents.

Before the women think I am some gullible girl that just arrived from Africa, better recognize that I got more education than most of you, but I still understand what my roles are in a marriage. Don't get it twisted.


I think the article was written in 2005. Here is the link to the article.

Happy reading. Share your comments and opinion on this very interesting topic.

3 comments:

ChiefO said...

welcome to blogville.

UnNaked Soul said...

welcome to the post side of blogville... *wink*

interesting gist...

diary of a G said...

cos naija
got the bomb diggity